Apparis, Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information we hold about you.
Please review the following to understand how we process and safeguard personal information about you. By using any of our Services, whether by visiting our website or otherwise, and/or by voluntarily providing personal information to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the practices contained in this Privacy Statement.
MODIFICATIONS AND UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Privacy Statement, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Statement. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised Privacy Statement will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Privacy Statement.
APPLICABILITY OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement is subject to the Terms and Conditions that govern your use of the Services. This Privacy Statement applies regardless of the means used to access or provide information through the Services.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to information from or about you collected by any third party services, applications, or advertisements associated with, or websites linked from the Services, including, but not limited to, Shopify (that hosts our store), PayPal (that processes payments on our behalf), and social media pages. The collection or receipt of your information by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies, statements, and practices and under no circumstances are we responsible or liable for any third party’s compliance therewith.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect a variety of personal information from and about you through the Services, including:
· When you provide it to us directly;
· Automatically through logging and analytics tools, cookies, pixel tags, and as a result of your use of and access to the Services; and
· From third-party sources, including service providers such as Shopify, PayPal, and Google, and through your interactions with us on social media websites.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide any aspect of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services. In addition, as noted below in the section captioned “Your Choices it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
Finally, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you and is not personal information. To the extent this data is stored or associated with personal information, it will be treated as personal information; otherwise, the data is not subject to this policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
We collect personal information from you when you provide it to us, including by entering it into website forms, placing orders, creating an account, or contacting us with questions or comments.
For example, you can choose to sign up for email notifications about us through the Services by providing us with your email address. You can also choose to sign up for an account on the Services by providing us with your first and last name, email address, and password. If you order products from us through the Services, you must provide us with information to process that request, including but not limited to email address, first and last name, billing address, shipping address (if applicable), payment information, telephone number, and any other information you may optionally provide.
If you contact us with questions, requests, or complaints, including through the “Live Chat” functionality on our website, we collect personal information sufficient to answer your questions, address your requests, and/or handle your complaints, as applicable.
We also collect information from you that, depending on applicable law, may not constitute personal information.
· Information Collected Automatically. When you browse or use the Services, we utilize commonly-used logging and analytics tools, including Google Analytics and Shopify’s analytics tools, to collect information about your device, the network used to access the Services, and information about your use of the Services.
We also use certain technologies on the Services, including cookies and pixel tags, that allow us, our service providers, and third parties to store information locally on your device, identify your device, track your interactions with other sites or with our email campaigns, and track activity over time and across websites.
Information collected automatically includes the software and hardware attributes of the device you use to access the Services, unique device ID information, regional and language settings, performance data about the Services, network provider, and IP address (a number assigned to your device when you use the Internet). In addition, information may be collected passively in the form of log files and third-party analytics (including Google Analytics and Shopify’s analytics) that record website activity. For example, log file entries and analytics data are generated every time you visit a particular page on our website, and track the dates and times that you use the Services, the pages you visit, the amount of time spent on specific pages, and other similar usage information, and general data (including the name of the web page from which you entered our website).
Consult the “Your Choices” section of the Privacy Statement for information about how you can reject, delete, or prevent cookies from being placed on your system, and how you can opt out of, limit, or prevent certain web tracking technologies and/or advertising providers from collecting information about you.
· Information Collected from Third Parties. We may receive personal information from third parties that we have engaged to provide services to us (including payment processors such as PayPal and ecommerce platforms such as Shopify) as well as from third parties that provide web analytics and usage information to us such as Google Analytics.
In addition, if you choose to interact with us or our partners on social media by posting to our pages, tagging us (or using certain hashtags or other identifiers) in posts, or participating in activities, we may collect certain information from the social media account you use to interact with us, including the name associated with the account, the account handle, recent activity, the content of any posts in which we are tagged, and other information that may be contained on your social media profile to allow us to respond to the posts and engage with our audience.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “partners” means affiliates, service providers, licensors, vendors, manufacturers, distributors, or other third parties with which we have a business relationship.
HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We process personal information for two general purposes, pursuant to various legal bases:
For our business operations (including communicating with you, fulfilling orders, providing information about our products and services, improving the Services, and complying with applicable legal requirements); and
To market and promote our, and our partners’, products and offerings.
We disclose personal information to our service providers to allow them to provide services to us and assist in carrying out your requests, and to our partners in aggregate, demographic form in connection with our marketing and business development efforts.
In addition, we may disclose information we maintain, including personal information: when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others.
See the “Your Choices” section below for information about how you can make decisions about how we process personal information, including how to opt out of certain marketing communications.
We process personal information for, or based on, one or more of the following: (i) based on your consent; (ii) as required or permitted by law; (iii) for our legitimate business purposes; (iv) as necessary to perform a contract with you, complete a transaction or provide you with information or services you have requested or authorized; and/or (v) to fulfill our legal responsibilities, in each case as provided in this Privacy Statement.
· Operational Uses. We process your personal information as part of our operations, which include:
Providing you with information tailored to your requests, responding to inquiries, and delivering services and products;
Operating, maintaining, and improving the quality of the Services and such content, products and/or services as we may make available through the Services;
Communicating with you by email and push notification, in each case with your consent if such consent is required in accordance with applicable laws or software platforms, about products, services, order status, and other topics;
Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies;
Endeavoring to protect our and our partners’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties; and
For other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
· Marketing Uses. We process your personal information to send messages to you about us, our partners, and the products and services we offer, which may from time to time include contests, rewards, events, and special offers for products and services. These communications may be tailored based on the communications preferences you select when providing us with your information and will only occur with your prior consent, if such consent is required in accordance with applicable laws.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ reasonable safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect your personal information from unauthorized destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. Personal information is protected using various physical, administrative and/or technical safeguards.
However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to ensure the protection of your personal information, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, you should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Services is secure.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of personal information. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us at the contact information provided at the end of this Privacy Statement, or by following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be prepared to provide reasonable information to identify yourself and authenticate your requests.
These rights vary depending on applicable law, but may include:
The right to know whether, and for what purposes, we process personal information about you;
The right to know what personal information we process about you;
The right to learn the source of personal information about you we process, where we obtain that personal information from a source other than you.
The right to access, modify, and correct personal information about you (as set forth in more detail below under “Access, Modifications, and Corrections to Collected Personal Information”)
The right to know with whom we have shared personal information about you, for what purposes, and what personal information has been shared;
Where processing of personal information about you is based on consent, the right to withdraw your consent to such processing;
The right to request restriction of processing of personal information or object to processing of personal information; and
The right to complain to a supervisory authority.
· Access, Modifications and Corrections to Collected Personal Information. We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal information that may be collected from you, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
In accordance with applicable law, you may obtain from us certain personal information in our records, although we may request certain reasonable additional information to help us authenticate such requests. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to personal information you have provided to us through the Services, you may do so at any time by contacting us as provided below or, for certain information, through your account on the Services. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
YOUR CHOICESIn addition to your choices with respect to the collection of personal information (see “What Information Do We Collect?”above), you have the ability to make certain choices about how we communicate with you, and how we process certain personal information.
· Communications Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel (such as email or telephone) by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received or by contacting us as provided at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Note that if you do business with us in the future, you may not, subject to applicable law, opt out of certain automated notifications, such as order or subscription confirmations, based on business transactions (e.g., e-commerce).
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THE SERVICES.Our Privacy Statement also information about other practices with respect to personal information, including:
Collection of personal information from children;
· Links and references to third-party websites and services on our Services:
· What happens to personal information in the event we sell or transfer some or all of our business;
· How we respond to “Do Not Track” requests; and
· Information about where we process and transfer personal information.
· Collection of Data from Children. Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. By using the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older, or are 16 years of age or older and have valid parental consent to do so.
· Third-Party Websites and Services. We may reference or provide links to third-party websites and services, including those of our affiliates, service providers, and third parties with which we do business, and we are not responsible for and do not control the content, security, or privacy practices employed by such third-party websites and services. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any such third-party services; please refer to the privacy statements or policies for such third-party services for information about how they collect, use, and process personal information.
· Business Transfer. We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal information we obtain from or about you via the Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers and may be among those assets transferred.
· Do Not Track. We use analytics systems and providers and participate in ad networks that process personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services. We do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites.
· International Use. Your personal information will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, by your use of the Services you acknowledge that we will transfer your data to, and store your personal information in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and personal information may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Statement and/or how we process personal information, or would like to exercise any of the rights set forth above, please contact us at:
Attn: Director of Web Operations
255 Canal Street
New York, NY 10013